cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet to EE deal included 6 months Apple TV - but text 150 says not compatible

danlat1415
Contributor
Contributor

I have transferred from Plusnet to EE using the new deals that are available to Plusnet customers.

As part of that, there were extras such as Apple TV+ for 6 months, XBox Ultimate Game pass and others.

I opted for Apple TV, which was confirmed on my email order (and is still listed as a option when I got back to the deals)

But now I've got my SIM today and tried to set it up by texting TV+ to 150

I get a message back saying I don't have a compatible phone plan.

I went on EE live chat and the agent was helpful and I emailed him screenshots of the deal and my order and he tried to manually add Apple TV to my account and left the chat.

I then got a message saying I'm now paying £5/month extra as I've signed up to BT Sports Ultimate for Apple TV 4K.

This was incorrect, and they added the wrong service. I had to text 150 to stop BT Sports and BT ultimate, and got confirmation that I'm no longer paying the £5 extra.

I'm still back with no access to Apple TV.

Please can you help??

Surely I can't be the only one changing from Plusnet to EE with the promise of Apple TV, only to get an issue saying I don't have a compatible plan

8 REPLIES 8
danlat1415
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20230601-204608.png

Screenshot_20230601-204644.png

Screenshot_20230601-204829.png

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @danlat1415 

I would recommend calling 150 from your phone so they can make sure the correct products are on your account and help you get set up.

Chris

danlat1415
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to resolve this all morning with EE support, and still not got anywhere. Been on for an hour and 55 so far, explaining the issue to various people and getting passed between sales, technical support and customer support.

They don't seem to be understanding the issue, as they think I'm having technical issues trying to set up an Apple TV account with Apple - or trouble registering/logging in with my device - which isn't the case. It's not a technical issue, it's a contract/plan issue.

The exclusive Plusnet deals all include 'inclusive extras';

- Apple music free for 6 months then £10.99/month
- Apple TV+ for 6 months then £6.99/month
- Apple Arcade free for 6 months then £4.99/month
- BT Sport Ultimate for £25
- Music Data Pass for £6.52
- XBox Game Pass Ultimate for £10/month
- Roam Abroad Pass for £15

But when I go into my EE account, the 'inclusive extras' sections says 'Excluded' - so I don't have access to any of the above.

So when I try and use any of them, I get blocked - saying I do not have a compatible phone plan.

So for some reason, these 'inclusive extras' aren't being loaded onto the accounts when they're set up.

I need someone at EE to simply add these extras to my account, so I can then select which ones I want to use now, and in the future.

I am concerned that I may not be the only person with this issue - if it affects anyone using the exclusive Plusnet EE deals link.

Please can someone from EE help me? You can PM me if needed

I am extremely dissatisfied with EE.

After being on for almost 3 hours, they now claim that they're unable to help or add any of these missing extras to my account - and claim I need to speak to Plusnet about it??

Plus net are a different company, and I am no longer with them. The deal was an EE deal and I'm just being robbed off.

The exclusive Plusnet customer deals from EE are 30 day rolling contracts, not 12 month contracts - but they still include the inclusion extras as a bonus.

EE say they're unable to manually add them because their system only allows for 12 month+ contracts, not 30 day contracts.

But the deals advertised and what I accepted clearly show that these are INCLUDED in the 30 day SIM ONLY contracts too.

Please can someone on here help, as both web chat and 150 have been unable to help and are passing me around elsewhere.

danlat1415
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20230602-134216.png

Screenshot_20230602-134226.png

Screenshot_20230602-134258.png

It would appear that I was misinformed by EE web chat and by calling 150, who claimed that Apple TV+ and the other extras are only available on 12 month+ contracts - despite it being offered on the 30 day contract I had taken out from EE as an exclusive deal for Plusnet customers,

As I have looked at EE's own deals for general new customers. Select ANY 30 day SIM only deal, and you get the same options of Apple TV+ and the others, free for 6 months;

Even selecting a 1GB/month 30 day SIM only deal gets these extras.

https://ee.co.uk/mobile/sim-only-deals

Even the small print on the Apple TV+ extra says;

Who can get 6 free months of Apple TV+?

• Whether you're joining EE as a new customer or you've been with us for years
  • if you're on a 30-day or 12-month SIM Only plan, or a Shared plan

Screenshot_20230602-194813.png

I also had the option for the Apple Tv+ showing but can only enable Apple music, News and Arcade. You are not alone in this matter. I think it may only be offered to us if we have a phone plan or 12 month contract with EE not a SIM only or rolling 30 day contract, despite it being clearly offered to us in the sign up. I haven’t contacted EE about this yet as it took a 45 minute call to them to set up my plan as the Plusnet deal wouldn’t go through online. Ive spent hours trying to move across tbh.

To update on my posts above - EE weren't aware of the issue of it being offered but not actually available.

They flagged it with their development team and agreed to add it to my EE contract.

It took a lot of hassle to get it to actually be added, as they physically couldn't add it to 30 day rolling contracts as their system wouldn't allow it 

They had to amend my contract to a 12 month contract - but honour it as a 30 day rolling contract in order for their system to allow it to be added.