cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix add on option, who is in control of Netflix, EE or Netflix?

steveandloretta
Explorer

I had a Netflix account when I upgraded with EE to have it as an option that I can change for the EE abroad option.                          If I change from the Netflix option to the EE abroad option, does EE switch off the total access to my Netflix account or does it revert to  me being a Netflix account holder thus liable to pay £10.99 to Netflix?

I would have hoped that by changing my options it would block access to my Netflix account.

If I go abroad, do I have to change my option with EE AND cancel my Netflix account to avoid being charged the £10.99?

Also, If I select an option,  say Ee abroad and go for 2 weeks, It seems I can't revert to Netflix when I return until some billing period is over. Can someone clarify as I can't see any reference in any paperwork or discussions I had. I was under the impression that I couls switch at anytime.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @steveandloretta,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you cancel your Netflix Inclusive Extra, your Netflix account will revert back to your previous payment method unless you cancel it via the Netflix website.

You can only change your Inclusive Extra once in a 30 day period.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James_B

Hi @steveandloretta,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you cancel your Netflix Inclusive Extra, your Netflix account will revert back to your previous payment method unless you cancel it via the Netflix website.

You can only change your Inclusive Extra once in a 30 day period.

Hope this helps.

James

Thank you James B.

If then I go abroad having selected the EE abroad option and also cancelled my Netflix account so that they do not charge me while away for a month, what happens when I return in the following month when I select the Netflix option with EE? Do I have to reopen my Netflix account or does selecting the EE Netflix option automatically activate it?

I won't be watching Netflix while abroad so I don't want to pay £10.99 for nothing.

James_B

Hi @steveandloretta,

When you reactivate your Netflix Inclusive Extra, you can just log back in to your existing Netflix account during setup. You won't need to create a new one.

James