cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britbox Swappable Benefit no longer working

doogie1970
Investigator
Investigator

I have an old contract that includes 60GB of data and 1 swappable benefit.  As it's an old contract, I still get free roaming in the EU as standard.  It's also considerably cheaper than EE's current offerings (despite the inflation+ increases over the years), so I have no desire to 'upgrade' to a new EE contract.

I've always chosen Britbox as my swappable benefit, then swapped it for Roam Further when I've been on holidays to the USA, Canada and Mexico, then swapped it back to Britbox when I returned to the UK.

I returned from my most recent holiday to the USA and swapped back to Britbox, but when I followed the instructions to reactivate my Britbox I got the error "Sorry, something went wrong during the subscription, please try again later."  I've tried this again several times over the last couple of weeks but still got the same error message.

The EE helpdesk have told me that since ITVX took over Britbox, they are no longer activating Britbox subscriptions through EE.

So that leaves me with a useless swappable benefit.  Is there any way to get my free Britbox back through EE?  If not, are there any plans to replace it as a swappable benefit - maybe to offer ITVX or Netflix instead?  I really don't want to 'upgrade' to a new EE contract as I'll lose my free EU roaming and it would cost me significantly more.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @doogie1970 

Welcome to the community.

I understand your reluctance to change to a new plan, but that's where the latest inclusive extras are. The older plans are very unlikely to be updated with new benefits.

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @doogie1970 

Welcome to the community.

I understand your reluctance to change to a new plan, but that's where the latest inclusive extras are. The older plans are very unlikely to be updated with new benefits.

Chris