Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV free trial : 1 week instead of 6 months

eclarke2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I signed up to a free trial for Apple TV via the EE app.  It's advertised in the app as being for 6 months, but it has only done it for one week. (Confirmation email says one week, and when I log in to Apple TV on the TV it shows the subscription only valid for one week.) My husband found something online about some people being sent the wrong link in the text message during set-up which causes this. How can I get this fixed to be for the 6 months it should be please? Thanks, Emily

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eclarke2 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you log into the EE app and select add-ons, do you have the Apple TV+ 6 months offer showing as active? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

eclarke2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne. Yes I believe I do. It doesn't say "active" but it does say "free" whereas others I've not signed up to like apple music just say "view".

Ah - update. I went in a different area of the app and it says 'Your active add-ons', and apple tv is listed. So definitely yes.

Leanne_T

Perfect thanks @eclarke2 

In this case, please call us on 150 and our mobile guides will get this looked into for you 🙂

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne. I talked to Natalie on 150, then had call back from tech support Marcin. They could see from their end it didn't look like they planned to charge me until October, but just as backup Marcin created a record that I was assured of the 6 months and if a charge happened I could claim it back. 

Leanne_T

Hi @eclarke2 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know, if you need any further help please come back and let us know 🙂

Leanne.

Well, I've just been charged £8.99 by Apple. So EE were wrong and I'll now have to phone and make a claim. I don't need any of this. So anyone else reading this chain in future because you had the same initial set-up issue - tell them no, it's not fine and to sort it out differently.