cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling USA

Mariecarlin
Explorer

Travelling to US.for 3 months. My contract has both my fone and sons fone included. Both fones are now on sim only contract. Is it still possible to buy add on £25 per month for his number and what would this include. Also I have unlimited data will I still be able to gift him data as normal.

Thanks in advance😁

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Mariecarlin  Your son needs the pass you don’t and yes you’ll still be able to gift data.   But only 50Gb per month can be used when roaming and I wouldn’t worry to much about the stable link policy.   EE will not just cut someone off when abroad especially when the bills are paid each month.   The 2 months out of 4 month policy it’s not strictly enforced. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mariecarlin  If you purchase the add on you can use the call and text allowance and up to 50Gb if the account has this amount of data.    Gifting data should still work.  Both devices need the add on through not just you’re sons

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Both phone-based plans & SIM-only plans are pay-monthly plans, which is the criteria to add the Roam Abroad pass.

Your issue could potentially be the Stable Links policy. Full details are in the price guide PDF, but as a headline view - EE's roaming services are designed for UK residents taking a short trip abroad, not those resident abroad long-term. This is broadly defined as being in the UK at least 2 months in every 4.

I don't believe gifting data works whilst abroad.

Thanks Chris

So I would also have to purchase the £25 per month add on even though I am staying in Uk?

@Mariecarlin wrote:

So I would also have to purchase the £25 per month add on even though I am staying in Uk?

Your initial post was a little ambiguous on who was travelling. The add-on reduces the cost of using the free roaming facility. It is only a user who is travelling outside the UK who is roaming.

The UK-based user is still making & receiving calls to another UK mobile user, and there is no need for any billing add-ons.

@Mariecarlin  Your son needs the pass you don’t and yes you’ll still be able to gift data.   But only 50Gb per month can be used when roaming and I wouldn’t worry to much about the stable link policy.   EE will not just cut someone off when abroad especially when the bills are paid each month.   The 2 months out of 4 month policy it’s not strictly enforced.