cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Spain

ForeverYoung
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

With regard to the £2.29 per day Roaming charge. I'm on a monthly plan with unlimited texts and calls. Does the £2.29 get added to my bill only on the days my phone is switched on? Or can I have my phone switched on but Roaming switched off, i.e. to use WhatsApp for free? Is it the Roaming being switched on that causes the daily charge to be made? Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The daily charge covers the use of your UK allowances within the EU. So anytime you make or receive a call within the EU, send a text message or use mobile data, this uses a mobile network connection, thus your allowances - and the daily charge is generated.

WhatsApp is a mobile app and uses whatever internet connection your phone has. The only way to guarantee not to pay the daily charge is not to connect to any foreign networks, and only use WiFi routers abroad.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The daily charge covers the use of your UK allowances within the EU. So anytime you make or receive a call within the EU, send a text message or use mobile data, this uses a mobile network connection, thus your allowances - and the daily charge is generated.

WhatsApp is a mobile app and uses whatever internet connection your phone has. The only way to guarantee not to pay the daily charge is not to connect to any foreign networks, and only use WiFi routers abroad.