Roamin Abroad

EwaT
Explorer

Hi! 
im going away on the 24th but my monthly subscription restarts on the 27th. If I buy the Roaming Abroad pass, and go away for 10 days on the 24th, will I be charged twice for it? 

thanks! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

In the billing cycle when you add the pass, charges are pro-rata'd. In the month you cancel it, the pass remains active & charged until the end of the cycle.

In your case, the bill cycle immediately following adding the pass will have pro-rata charges from 24th-26th, and then a complete month charge from 27th-following 26th.

Remember to ensure roaming is active on your SIM by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Adding a billing add-on does not automatically enable the free roaming facility which unlocks access to foreign networks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EwaT
Explorer

Hi! 
im going away on the 24th but my monthly subscription restarts on the 27th. If I buy the Roaming Abroad pass, and go away for 10 days on the 24th, will I be charged twice for it? 

thanks! 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @EwaT

Thanks for coming here. 

If you add the pass part way through your billing period then the cost in the first month with be prorated. 

Please ensure you stop the roaming pass by texting STOP ROAMING PASS to 150 when you return to prevent any further charges. 

Katie

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

In the billing cycle when you add the pass, charges are pro-rata'd. In the month you cancel it, the pass remains active & charged until the end of the cycle.

In your case, the bill cycle immediately following adding the pass will have pro-rata charges from 24th-26th, and then a complete month charge from 27th-following 26th.

Remember to ensure roaming is active on your SIM by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Adding a billing add-on does not automatically enable the free roaming facility which unlocks access to foreign networks.