cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calls, No SMS, nothing. In hospital and no phone

Persefonie
Explorer

Hello everyone.

I have come overseas to the Czech Republic for surgery.  

Before I left I checked my account and confirmed that can use my phone here. 

I am a contract user and have ben with ee for over 10 years.  The last couple of days my phone was ok, but today it will not send messages or even calls.

My family are worried, sick to death and I cannot contact them.  Ive tried rebooting. tried turning on and off, tried it all, and nothing,

Once upon a time here was the tech support live chat option but I guess that's all gone now.  

Im at my wits end as to what to do.  Anyone help?

Persa

7 REPLIES 7
Clever-Trevor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would try connecting to local WifI -enable WIFI calling - then contact EE support.

( also, check Mobile setting & that you have ‘roaming’ enabled )

Or, connect to WIFI & use WhatsApp or Messenger….

Hoe this helps,

@Persefonie  Wi-Fi calling doesn’t work abroad it’s for UK usage only,   If it was working before now then it’s probably a network issue there.    Have you tried just restarting the device?  How about a manual network search? 

Well; Wi-Fi calling works in Jersey - I am proof of that…. Unless is very recent thing….. 

Alishaj1
Investigator
Investigator

Try resetting the network settings on your phone then turning it off and on again 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

WiFi-calling is not officially supported abroad, but can work albeit usage is charged at standard roaming rates.

If your phone has worked abroad previously, then your issues may be with the local network you're currently connected to.

Try toggling flight mode or manually select an alternative local operator. EE's roaming services allow you to use the coverage provided by foreign networks.

Persefonie
Explorer

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies.

To the person that said wifi calling in only for UK, then.... your absolutely right.

Anyhow this is what happened.:

When I arrived in Czech Rep my phone worked fine for 4 days. On the date of my arrival EE sent an SMS stating that my roaming charges were 2.49 GBP per day, and with this 2.49 I could use my data and allowances just as I would in UK.

After trying all day to reset, on-off, throwing at wall etc I got no where and I eventually used someones phone and called free phone EE customer services.

Lovely Pat in customer services was also stumped as to what was happening, then we discovered this:

Apparently the account set itself a limit of 2.49 as SPEND limit, meaning that it froze me out when I reached that limit.  We couldn't understand why, as there was no limit set by myself, but when Pat changed the spend parameters all was well.

So there's your answer folks, if all else fails take a look at the limit.

Kind regards to all xx

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @Persefonie 

Chris