cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal on any network when Roaming

Techtastic
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there! I called EE before coming out to Egypt to enable roaming and added 60 mins calls from anywhere.

I had to do it this why as there was no option showing for this when I sign in online,

Called again as leaving UK to double check all was fine.

Now I’ve arrived, I can’t get a signal on any network. Selecting networks manually there are lots to chose from but phone will not connect to any.
I don't have signal I can not make any type of call and don’t have any way of getting in contact with EE support. 

It's really frustrating as I need to be contactable on my EE number.

Being a dual Sim iPhone I have added a data sim for internet access.

Can anyone from EE help?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi, yes I am a contract customer and yes SIM has been active for some time for making calls and texts in UK.

I did call EE on 150 (twice) to ensure Roaming was active on my account and had them add the 60 min calling pack for my trip.

(Called twice as I could no see the changes they said they had made to my account)

HOWEVER, I’ve followed your advise to check the account online and the option for Roaming is OFF (BLOCKED). (Radio toggle switch)

Selecting to ON results in it switching back to OFF (BLOCKED) with an message saying ‘Sorry, we haven’t been able to set your changes’.

Hellp!!!!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Techtastic.

Are you trying to do this on the app or online?

Can you restart your phone after changing the setting online?

Jon

Hi,

Yes I have tried both on-line and by using the Web.

Both do not work. The setting to switch on will not hold. 
Yes, have tried shutting phone down and back on. No difference including using a different browser.

I’m guessing there is an issue with my account in the EE backend as Roaming had been requested before I left the UK with the package added.

How can I get support from EE to make changes to the account without the ability to call them?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Techtastic.

If you login to your My EE Account there should be a live chat option that appears when an advisor is available, you may need to wait for this to appear if live chat is busy.

They will be able to take a look at your account.

Jon

Thanks Jon…..

Regrettably, no such luck. Chat not showing for me no matter how many times I go back to check it just doesn’t present itself as an option.

Looking pretty hopeless now. 
Just a shame what was supposed to have been done before I left the UK wasn’t!

Sent then a F/B chat message hoping they pick that up and do something to support. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Techtastic

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie.