cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Suspension - Why block allowances?

JohnB39582
Visitor

Hi all,

Exceeded my credit limit, which isn't displayed on My EE or avaliable to view and is separate to the spend cap, which for me is switched off - first time in 14 months this has happened but I've paid every bill on time, but I have spent more than in the past.

They insist on 25% of the unbilled, keyword being "un-billed", so not outstanding balance, usage to be paid before they allow me to use my calls, texts and data. EE is a new era business and their systems can easily block chargeable usage from post-pay allowances, so why do they block the whole service instead of requesting an interim payment to use premium services or out of plan? Seems a little bit backwards to me.

Before you argue that calls and texts might still go through, that's not true... otherwise pay as you go customers would be able to dial as they please on a whim without credit which never happens meaning they have the accurate backend tools to filter out authorised and not authorised traffic.. and for internet use especially, there's no further risk to EE if they allow Internet use according to allowances since data isn't charged per MB, you're redirected to pay for more if you run out, and again they have the system tools to block any add-ons to mitigate credit risk.

Seems to be yet another smokescreen for unsavoury business. Just like unlimited data at uncapped speeds on Max is actually 600GB followed by 2mbps or under, which is perfectly legal but not commercially ethical, nor is advertising that Britbox is still for sell at 5.99 a month when it doesn't even exist anymore, its been sold out and is now known as ITVX with 30% less content than Britbox had.

Rant over, but you can understand why there's a difference between blocking premium usage beyond a certain point which is fully understandable and I welcome...and then out of no where suspending a line for an unspoken internal limit including the core services the subscriber has paid for in their bill, and so is entitled to dial without increasing the invoice.

I also need to clarify whether suspension is still charged as a full bill the following month or pro rated from inactive to active date so if anyone can clarify that please? Thank you  😊 

1 REPLY 1
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @JohnB39582 ,

Welcome to the community,

You would have to speak to customer service, this is a public forum, there is no account access, customer service can take a look for you and will be able to see why allowance is blocked , if that is the case.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.