cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional call forwarding

karis6197
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a Galaxy A70 & my wife has a Galaxy S9, both operating on the EE network. My wife & I are currently in Spain & were both using EE monthly Roaming passes up until September 18th which I have now cancelled due to the extortionate increase in monthly cost. Before the EU cancelled roaming charges a while ago, we had previously used a ring but don't answer signalling system so that we each know when to meet up at a pre-arranged point. We intended to start reusing this system again instead of Roaming but we seem to have a problem. I can ring her phone & it rings no problem but, when she tries to ring mine, her phone immediately cuts off & displays the message "conditional call forwarding active". I have Googled how to turn this off - phone/settings/supplementary services/call forwarding/voice calls/turn off - but the A9 screen just displays "always froward" & not the "turn off" message suggested! I have tried various other things including turning on data roaming on on both phones but she is still unable to make ANY calls, it just displays the message  "conditional call forwarding active" every time. We went to a local EE shop in Spain but the only help they could offer was a soft reset (turn the phone off & on again with pin), which we have obviously done several times! We are in Spain for another 2 weeks so this is starting to cause problems, can anyone explain what has happened & how I can fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you checked your wife's spend cap, this would prevent additional charges - https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-monthly/set-up-and-manage-spend-cap 

That's the only way that a billing change should alter roaming permissions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The on-screen "conditional call forwarding" popup is nothing to concern, it's part of call setup and often occurs within the UK.

Data roaming is just mobile data whilst roaming, equivalent to voice-call roaming or text-roaming - often confused but of no relevance to voice calls.

Does your wife's phone fail outgoing calls on all available networks, or is this specific to one local operator?

Hi, thanks for the response. We are currently in Spain, not in the UK & the "conditional call forwarding"  display has only started to appear since I cancelled our monthly roaming add on on October 18th & it's this (or something connected with it) that appears to be preventing my wife's phone connecting to the local network provider here in Spain.

I've tried manually connecting to EE/Orange network & Movistar, another compatible local network available, but get the same result. I have one contract with EE that includes both our phone sims (18 month old sim only contract) but this is only affecting her phone, my phone connects the local network OK & her phone will ring. I've looked through everything I can think of in her phone menus & checked the account settings on both sims in the EE App but the setup looks identical for both phones; beginning to think it's something EE have done which I can't see. Our phones are both Samsung around 3 years old but different models so I've posted the Samsung Community forum as well but had no meaningful reply so far. I'm quiet tech savvy & can usually get to the bottom of most computer/phone problems (I used to build/set up my own PC's) but this is starting to irritate so anything further you can add would be appreciated.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Have you checked your wife's spend cap, this would prevent additional charges - https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-monthly/set-up-and-manage-spend-cap 

That's the only way that a billing change should alter roaming permissions.