cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad in India - roaming enabled - suddenly lost connection

Vikas8
Visitor

Hi

i am in India at the moment. Disabled Automatic network selection, chose Airtel as the local roaming partner and obtained a 4G network and all was well. 

yesterday when I was out, suddenly lost connection. Came back to my hotel, logged into the wifi and called EE customer service, they tried all things including resetting my network settings. I tried many reboots and resets but nothing has helped. Last call I was on with L2 EE support. They again reset my settings and said they would call me to see if I was receiving calls but I didn’t receive any calls thereafter. I am still stranded without a mobile network and hugely frustrated!

Can someone help please?

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

I would suggest trying a connection to alternative local networks. Either by toggling flight mode with network selection set to automatic, or by using the manual selection menus and working through the resulting list.

If you'd previously used manual selection and your chosen network was unavailable for whatever reason, your phone would not automatically choose an alternative. This is the nature of manual network selection.