Connection issues

GreaseMonkey
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone i wonder if anyone can help me out with connection issues 

I  have 2 Sim cards 1 phone and 1 data sim 

Across all devices i have and tried mutable 4G routers if i have 3 bars of signal or less i have major issues to the point data is unserbal 

If I start ( Turn on a device ) in an aria with only 3 bars of signal it will show i have 3 bars but data just will not connect at all 

However if i'm in a stronger signal aria it will connect but when i move in to a 3 bar signal data becomes completely unusable 

I need data for my business and this is becoming a huge issues affecting my ability to work 

i've done some speed testing and had similar results across different devices 

If I do get a connection then move into a 3 ot lower bar signal what happens is i still get 80 meg download which is fantastic 

however the issue comes with upload drops to 0.02mbs so basically the information going to the mast to request the data just is not getting there or getting lost. obviously internet based software and websites just stop working all together giving no connection error 

there is no issues with the software as have the same issues on multiple devices using different programs and even different browser software all have the same issues 

im banging my head against a brick wall with this im having to look at switch to a different provider 

Does anyone have any tips to improve this its been going on for over a year thinking about it the issues started happening when they started rolling out 5G around here 

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

First off the bars are only a rough guide and every phone handles these differently, so don't get too hung up on that. Of more value are the RSRP, RSRQ & SNR values that heavily factor in these.

Are you able to identify any specific eNB (cell-ID) that you're connected to, when you have data problems?

As a first-line check, use the service status checker - under "check status" to check for any existing known issues - use the "report a problem" link if nothing's listed.

I have doubts that 5G rollout is directly responsible, although 4G-capacity/tech-adds are often done at the same time - that could potentially be related.

I understand bars are only an estimate however i get the same issues across mutable   devices 

And it's not a particular eNB that's the issue i have the same issues everywhere i go and i work in a 60 miles radius of my base so im sure its not just a local issue 

This happens on a Galaxy S22 Ultra, DW5811e Snapdragon™ X7 LTE card in a Dell tablet, CAT S61 Phone also Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Mobile Router - MR1100. 

I have the exact same issues across all these devices in the north wales area. Its beyond frustrating 

When i speak to customer services the allways just look up my home postcode and say my local mast is under maintenance so that's the issue and they will not accept i have this issue away from home 

To me it's almost like the transmitters have been cranked up to push the signal as far as possible so they can use less masts to cover the area but unfortunately the transmitters in the devices can't quite push the signal out back to the mast. well that's how it comes across to me. 

does anyone know of any settings on any of these devices to turn the transmitter power up to punish the signal out to the mast so i can get something working

That's not quite how TX/RX theory works, but all the same!

How long have these issues been apparent? Are your devices still reporting 4G/LTE service when you'd expect?

It started arround the time 5G started rolling out arround here so arround 7 - 8 months ago. Im not saying its the fault of 5G but thats arround when i got the issues. when they connect they report 4G. 

4G+(LTE-A) 

Download 74.61Mb/s

Upload 0.12Mb/s

Latency 1648 ms with 3 time out out of 10 pings 

Jitter 659 ms 

its just not usabel arround 80% of north wales there are arias where it works well really well but these are very small airas and few and far between