5G speed

JW360-
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone have any issues with their 5G speeds? I pay £85 a month and seem to only get an average of about 5-10 mbps. I live in London with full 5G signal. It is very frustrating. Can someone help? 

8 REPLIES 8
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @JW360- ,

Welcome to the community,

Does this happen in one area in London? Could be that many are using 5G and that could be why, but check here where you can register and receive updates:

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

It happens everywhere, unfortunately. It is particularly worse at home 

@JW360- , No network can be responsible for speed etc, in buildings, which also includes your home, this is why wifi calling exists, but then you need fixed broadband for wifi calling to work. You could still register and report via the link I have given you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's not full signal that directly dictates data speeds, but which data carriers are available.

What are your 4G speeds like?

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JW360- 

EE 5G in London is terrible. Change your settings to LTE/3G/2G which is considerably better. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

All rubbish. No matter where I am. I've switched phones and everything and nothing. It's a joke and EE haven't been helpful at all

@JW360-    So you’re saying that my 5G speed is  as poor as yours.     Sorry to say but it’s not.      You’re also in London one of the places where mast can get saturated with user connections so effecting user speeds.    

It's incredible, but you're right. Right now change 5G for 4G and the speed is much better. Thanks for the advice.....