cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G EE Mobile Hub Lag Spikes

Bodehn
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've been having some problems with my 5G EE Hub over the last couple of weeks. I've had the hub in place for two years, by this point I believe.

I'll be playing a game perfectly fine, connection has no issues, but every few minutes or so, there's a massive lag spike that occurs. It's not exact on how often it happens, but it's frequent enough that my experience becomes frustrating. It happens regardless of game (World of Warcraft, Raft, Halo Infinite), and even results in situations where I'm trying to watch movies and still getting frequent spikes with buffering.

My PC is connected via Ethernet Cable, so it's not a problem with Wifi. I've not noticed any lag spikes on Switch. Is there anything that might be causing this sort of situation on the network at all? Or is my hub just falling into the trap of planned obsolescence?

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bodehn 

Welcome to the community.

Have you checked your postcode to see if there are any maintenance works in your area? Pop your postcode into our coverage checker and hit 'check status'.

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G,

Unfortunately, having just checked the status, there are no issues within the area. No maintenance, either.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Bodehn 

Have you spoken to our technical support team about this?
Chris

@Christopher_G, I tried that earlier today. The end result seemed to be either to try swapping the sim to a new device to see whether it's the device or the sim that's causing the problem, but I don't have another compatible device available. The other usual suspects we attempted were a reboot of the device, a reset of the device, and unfortunately nothing worked. I did learn that it's a 4G hub, not a 5G one, however.

James_B

Hi @Bodehn,

Did Technical Support check for any network performance issues in your location?

James

Hi @James_B,

They did. They checked to see if the masts were functioning (they were), performed a network test (everything good on their end). The only thing they said might be the cause was recent maintenance, but there hadn't been any performed in the last six days, so that shouldn't have been causing the issues.

James_B

Hi @Bodehn,

I'd recommend getting back in touch with Technical Support to see if there is any further steps they can take to escalate this issue for you.

Thanks

James