cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgently seeking help - overseas

Ludjut
Visitor

Hi EE,

I’m urgently seeking your help and can’t find any other way of getting through to you, so giving this a go.

I’m currently in Italy and did not text roaming before I left the UK, as I didn’t realise this was a requirement. My previous roaming pass expired two days into my trip and my phone now doesn’t work. I tried contacting the EE contact from overseas numbers and none of them work - I get an automated Italian message and then the phone hangs up. I haven’t been able to add data from the app or website as they’ve been intermittently down and my phone currently says account locked, contact us by phone to discuss (which I can’t do as I can’t make calls). 

I am here for another two days and very concerned about this, as I am staying with a friend, we only have one room key and it makes it very difficult to do anything separately (eg I run, she doesn’t) as I have no way of getting in touch, and mostly navigate using my phone. I feel very vulnerable with such limited connectivity in an unfamiliar place.

Please, please, please can you help put roaming on my phone?! 

Thank you 

Laura 🙏🤞☀️

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Ludjut wrote:

my phone now doesn’t work.... I get an automated Italian message

You're getting confused between the roaming facility and billing add-ons, the two are separate.

If you are "getting an automated Italian message", your phone is making a call, which proves you have a network connection and thus roaming is active. Furthermore if your phone worked abroad previously, self-evidently roaming is active - it's a free facility and doesn't get removed unless you specifically requested it.

Is the message identical across all available Italian networks? That will identify whether it's an issue with one specific network (fix - use another one) or is an EE-account issue. I suspect this is a spend-cap issue - https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/track-and-manage-your-usage/how-do-i-set-up-...