cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi from EE: You've used 80% of the data you can gift. Don't worry, this doesn't

buzdugancv
Visitor

I keep getting this meesage but i don't share with nobody! I have wifi in the house ! And while driving phone is not sharing with any device! I am on a unlimited plan so i can'r use 80% of my data as my data is unlimited and i don't share internet with no devices so why i keep getting this message everymonth? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @buzdugancv 

Thanks for coming here. 

This message is to let you know if you wanted to gift data you would have to do this before you use the full 100% of giftable data. 

Full information can be found in our Unlimited Plans, Help page. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @buzdugancv 

Thanks for coming here. 

This message is to let you know if you wanted to gift data you would have to do this before you use the full 100% of giftable data. 

Full information can be found in our Unlimited Plans, Help page. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only talking about data that you may potentially gift from the 1st 100GB of all your data to other nos. on your a/c if you choose to. It's just a warning just in case you wanted to. You may safely ignore it & carry on using data for your own purposes including hotspotting.

As you use data for your own use you are eating into this gifting allowance even when you are not actually gifting it.

Notice that it didn't say "You've gifted data you can gift" just that "You've used data you can gift".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)