cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot gift data.

Kirsten88
Investigator
Investigator

I physically cannot see the option to gift data, tried Google and can't find how I'm supposed to do it. Does anyone know a foolproof way to gift data? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are all nos. are under the same MyEE family a/c, not PAYG? They need to be to be able to gift data. See Gift Your Data and Set Controls . 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kirsten88   All sims have to be on the same account and all of them

have to be on contract.  You can not gift/receive to PAYG or across accounts.  

To gift data to other contracts on your account just click Family usage when you open the My EE app.  ( old version). On the new app if you have it installed click mobile plan at the top then scroll down a little to see the gifting option.  

Ahh that makes sense. I've just added a conteact for him as I didn't know it had to be a contract number and not PAYG. thank you! 

Thank you! I've just got him a contract address as I didn't know you couldn't gift data to PAYG. Thank you! 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
KMHindle
Explorer

Log in on the app and go to your home page. Click on usage showing how much data you have used. Once in there you can see how much you have used and can click one of two links: review data then below that gift data. Click on there and follow instructions. Bosh!