cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g Mobile Sim only -Variance in data speed between personal sim & business sim

mylifesablast
Explorer

Ok so I have just joined EE after a couple of previously poor experiences with a couple of other providers. I took the leap and paid a lot more for this service with a view to getting a substantially more stable and true reflection of the product I and my business pay for.

So I have ported to EE for my Business mobiles and the same for me personal mobile.
Tested indoors - with no obstructions

Business sim is Unlimited Calls and messages and 12gb of data - speedtest average results last two days.
Iphone 10x - showing two bars (wifi is off) D/L - 94.3 - 123 Mbps and U/L 1.39 - 75.0 Mbps  - 24 ping (average)

Personal sim is unlimited calls and messages and unlimited data - speedtest average results last two days. Iphone 11 pro - showing 2 bars (wifi off) D/L 130 - 235Mbps and U/L 2.59- 27.3 Mbps - 27 ping(average)

Both checking against the same speediest server - Giganet Portsmouth

Any ideas, or is this just a balancing/transitioning phase due to the nature of the new contracts. I was getting drop-outs during teams and zoom calls or the image would break up and sound drop out

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @mylifesablast 

Welcome to the community.

How long have you had your contracts?

Were all speed tests completed in the same location?

Jon

Hi,

• two days
  • Both checking against the same speedtest server - Giganet Portsmouth
  • In the same room
  • Same time, same day
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mylifesablast

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I have sent you a private message for some details. 

Leanne.

aveservices
Visitor

Hi,

Also having the same issue.
We moved from a fixed BT line over to EE business as our personal sims achieved double of what the fixed line provided.
We're now worse off - any help greatly appreciated! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aveservices

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our Business Support team about this?

Chris