Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G suddenly stopped working

stevet284
Investigator
Investigator

Hi folks, strange one this, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated:

Last week my wife's phone (samsung S10) suddenly lost 4G.

She was at her wits end on Tuesday, after spending several hours on the phone to EE going through the same steps again and again, she is very close to cancelling the new phone order and moving away from EE .

This is what we have seen:

1. Swapping the original SIM with my phone moved 4G issue to my phone and fixed her phone.

2. EE sent a replacement SIM the behaviour was the same.

3. A gifgaff SIM also worked perfectly in my wifes phone - proof that the automatic network settings work.

4. It is not a mast issue as our 4GEE home router and my phone are getting 4G OK.

So there is no point to keep going through settings on her phone, they are clearly correct.

THE PROBLEM HAS TO BE EITHER:

1. Both SIMs are defective, this seems very unlikely since both would be have to broken in the same way and both work fine for phone calls and text messages.

2. It is an issue with her account, somehow data is disabled even though you can't see that, or her account is somehow switched to 5G only.

It really has to be #2 . I don't know how we can prove that to EE.

We have another call with EE support today at 17:00, but I am not hopeful they will fix it..

Many thanks in advance

Steve

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes  customer services got is to check APN.

It wasn't that or any setting on the phone.

After about 4 hours total my wife got through to a proper level 2 support guy who could see the issue straight away. It was indeed a problem on the account.  Also the account was locked because she had a new phone on order,  once that was cancelled the guy could fix the account. 

Hooray

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@stevet284   Have you checked the APN setting on the device?  Have a look at THIS 

Yes  customer services got is to check APN.

It wasn't that or any setting on the phone.

After about 4 hours total my wife got through to a proper level 2 support guy who could see the issue straight away. It was indeed a problem on the account.  Also the account was locked because she had a new phone on order,  once that was cancelled the guy could fix the account. 

Hooray

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for coming back to let us know, @stevet284 

Glad you're all up and running.

Chris