cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone seen an issue with their EE SIM when using a 5G router

Dom83
Investigator
Investigator

I use lots of EE data sims with my business and over the past 6 months most of my EE sims will not work in my 5g routers.

They all work fine in a 4g router.

I have tried Robustel, Viprinet, Teltonica and Celerway 5G routers and they all fail to recognise the sim. I have replaced the sims and it make no difference. I have spoken to other customers who use these types of routers and they are also seeing this problem with some EE sims. I have a few sims that will work in a 5g router and when I compare the tariff they are on to a sim that is not working, there is no difference. Anyone else seen this issue and been able to resolve the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried a more common mainline mobile router, like TP-Link, DrayTek, D-Link, NetGear?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No I have not and I don't think I should need to.

I have 4 EE sims all on the same data plan and they connect on the Robustel, Viprinet, Teltonica and Celerway 5G routers

I have another 46 EE sims all on the same data plan as above and they do not work in these routers. The symtoms are that the modem cannot read the ICCID and so never gets any further to connect.

All of the SIMS connect on 4g

The modem chip that is used in all these devices is the QUECTEL 5g

I have spoken to different companies using the same equipment and they are also seeing the same problem. So this is very strange.

Dom83
Investigator
Investigator

This is still a major problem and currently I only have a few sims that will work with 5g modems. I'm having to revert to a different carrier like the three network becuase they just work. Any advice on how this can be escalated?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dom83 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

To get this looked into, please get in touch with our business team who will have access to the accounts and run troubleshooting to help you get this resolved. 

Leanne.