cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE MiFi contract

Sandra361
Investigator
Investigator

We are moving into a caravan temporarily, my EE landline contract ended and as I cannot have a landline until our lodge is completed I was advised that a 4GEE MiFi would be suitable for my needs (Mac laptop and iPhone). The contract is £20 a month for 40gb, with SIM. Two days ago I could not get onto the net and it said I needed data, I topped up but am concerned that what I thought would last me a month on contract is going to now cost me more if I have to top up every other week. we don’t watch Netflix etc.
Is this correct?

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Sandra361

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you visit add-on.ee.co.uk when connected to the device, does this show the 40GB of data has been used?

Our How much data am I using on EE?, article has information on optimising data usage. 

Leanne 🙂

Thank you. My page says it is used up, and the extra which I purchased.

now on ‘low usage’ until 3 March when my next monthly allowance begins.

I am not convinced this is what I wanted, I would like a non landline package - I can’t have a landline for at least 6 months, I’m not travelling around just about to move into a caravan until our lodge is built and we move in in September. 
Although the little MiFi works well, it’s just seems to devour the data!!!!!

Leanne_T

Thanks @Sandra361

In this case, I would suggest giving us a call on 150 from an EE phone, or 0800 079 8586 from any other phone and the team can look into other plan options for you. 

Leanne 🙂

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Sandra361  .. in truth 40gb isn't a lot of data.  I used to have a 4G router and got a good idea of what activities increased data usage.  I would suggest upping it to 100gb to start off with and see if that is enough for your requirements.

I called 0800, had a very helpful chat with a young lady who certainly knew what she was talking about. She looked at the usage since I took the contract 3 weeks ago, basically anything with video usage: You Tube, Facebook, news clips just eat the data.

I can only get maximum of 60mb, so the best choice for the circumstances for the next few months is to keep the MiFi, buy extra data if needed and consider upgrading when we move into our forever home later this year.

I would rate EE help first class.

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting us know @Sandra361

Have a lovely weekend. 

Leanne.