cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MW III beta code What a con!

Tommycat
Explorer

I do wish consumers were given correct information right at the start rather than getting people to ‘sign in’ enter email address etc etc., wasting my time!

so misleading it infuriates me!

EE. You need to change your selling tactics. Rather than mislead people by promising a code for Beta early, why do you tell the truth right at the start by saying ‘Get a code for early beta access to MW III  - ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE PRE-ORDERED!!!!’’ 
such a rip off so fed up with companies getting you to jump through hoops, then taking your prize away at the end - poor advertising 

can you tell I’m furious….

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Tommycat 

Wow such anger over a game. 

Beta access is always only available to pre orders the same as all Activision games (subject to limits) and the same as all the MW games, every year.

Thanks.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I’m not angry over a game! It’s the principal of EE advertising the early access, without clearly stating you must pre order first 

Doesn’t bother me, I can wait. I was merely making a point that advertisers should be clear on what they are offering. 

not all of us knew that you had to pre order the game first. 

Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Tommycat 

https://store.ee.co.uk/gaming/games/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-iii

Screenshot_20231008_130636_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231008_130628_Chrome.jpg

What part of this is not clear? 

Why would you have early access if the game is released, therefore it must be pre release that you get early access.....how much more clear do you want this to be. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Tommycat 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The advert and when signing up do state terms apply,  and you would have to agree to those terms as part of the sign up journey. 

The terms advise as below and can be found here Pre-Order Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3 Beta | Pre-Order for Early Access.

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Open Beta is your chance to get hands on with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and provide essential feedback to help ensure the best Day One experience possible when the game launches on November 10th.

Pre-order or pre-purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S / Xbox One, Battle.net or Steam and get early access to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Open Beta. 

Thank you. 

Leanne.