cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone and don't have a phone to ring the support number

CameronHardie
Explorer

I have lost my phone and need to be able to talk to support, but the only way of contact appears to be a phone number, which I cannot ring as a do not have my phone, is there a way to enable to live chat feature???

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CameronHardie 

Thanks for coming to the community, I am sorry to hear you have lost your phone. 

If you have a pay monthly account, chat will show available in the help menu in the EE app when available. 

You can call us from any other phone on 07953 966 250, or using a VoIP service such as Skype, and the team will block the SIM and phone for you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Can I ask why the live chat was disabled on the website? It was one of the most useful features and disabling it seems like a very strange business idea for customer support

Thanks

Cameron

Leanne_T

Hi @CameronHardie 

Chat is now available in the EE app for pay monthly accounts and will show as 'message us', our Contact EE page has all other ways to contact us. 

Leanne.

Hi, @Leanne_T 

I understand that the chat is available through the app, but when I am trying to report a lost phone, I do not have access to either the app or a phone to be able to call the number.

The chat on the website used to make it very easy to contact support, and the decision to remove it negatively impacts the usage for customers.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry this is not available on the web site @CameronHardie 

Please call us from any other phone or VoIP service, you can also visit any EE Store to report the phone as lost. 

Leanne.