Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ee shop -mini wifi contract-without call or text message and send an email-

mehdiakbarifly
Investigator
Investigator

Hi ee support service

I am Mehdi xxxxxx, eight months ago I lived in xxxxxxxxxxxxx London for two months, and because I had just moved to England, I needed internet because the mobile signal was very weak in that area, so I decided to go to a local ee shop.

I applied and they arranged a contract for me for mini WIFI, but after a month I realized that the mini WIFI does not have a good signal in that area, so I contacted the sales representative of a company again and requested to cancel the contract, and they also said that this contract will be cancelled and there is nothing to worry about, but after eight months passed without you emailing me or sending me a text message, I realized that the contract was not only cancelled, but I also had to pay for the mini Wi-Fi that I did not use. I would like to pay the amount of 299 pounds to a company. Therefore, I would like to request that in view of the above and the fact that you have not called my number and email address even once, and I am aware that this contract is still ongoing and I do not want to continue it. Please explain the reason why you continued my contract without any warning via e-mail, phone call, SMS and included the said amount for me. It should be noted that I called many times. I still haven't received a answer from you.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Mahdi

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This is a user discussion group. not EE support service.

There is no right of return for contracts bought in an EE store. Perhaps if you requested it in the 1st week that the signal was non-existent you might have got somewhere, but not after a month.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mehdiakbarifly 

Welcome to the community.

If you contact our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to check the account history and notes. They will be able to discuss this further with you.
Chris

I need a solution.please help me because I went to the shop and they didn't have any responsibility about their job and I called them many times.i don't have my contact information.i don't know how can I find solution. Ee company doesn't have any responsibility about their costumes.

Mehdi 

@mehdiakbarifly  You don’t have a cooling of period and a contract is for the duration of that contract term.  As mentioned you might have been able to sort this within the first week but you left it 1 month so you are bound by the contract term.   Not using the device doesn’t mean you’ll not be charged as your contract is for the set period of time at that monthly cost.