cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading early to SIM only - how long does it take?

bruja
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi all

I have recently undertaken an early upgrade from a phone plan (due to end 1st October) to a much cheaper SIM only one, which incurred an early upgrade fee that I've paid for. 

I've received the confirmation email but nothing else has changed. Plan is still the same, still have options to upgrade early when I check, and my bill is showing the upgrade fee as 'in credit'. 

How long does it take for the upgrade to process?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @bruja

When did you process your upgrade?

Your services will be changed on your current SIM and this will update within your My EE account. 

I believe usually this should take 24-48 hours. 

Katie

Relatedly, my contract (phone and plan) expires on 2nd December. I rang up on Monday (13th) to switch to SIM-only, as it's within the 45 day period in which I can do this.

I was told on the phone after agreeing to a SIM-only plan that the switch would become effective immediately (i.e. Monday 13th), and this was in the documents I electronically agreed to on the call. 

The plan in my EE app hasn't updated yet, and I've not been sent any documentation - now I'm being told the change won't be effective until 3rd December when my contract runs out. 

Which is it, as I was told (and agreed to) one thing on the phone, and now being told another?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @an1ja2fen3,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

When switching to a SIM only plan, your new plan won't start until your current contract comes to and end.

James