cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone and plan - giving phone to a family to use with their EE sim?

Cirrus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can you let me know if the below would work OK?

We are all on EE under the same EE account, which I manage. My wife's contract has expired but she's happy to keep her phone. My daughter's currently on a SIM only and needs a new phone. We would like to order an upgrade on my wife's contract for a new phone and plan, but give the phone to my daughter. 

Will is just be a case of my daughter putting her SIM into the new phone? Will my wife's phone still work OK with her old SIM (I don't know if her old SIM will still work?). 

I assume that since we are all on EE there's no issue on the phone being locked, and my daughter will keep her existing plan (SIM only), and my wife will be on the old plan, with just her old phone.

Is this right, or will there be any issues with the approach?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cirrus 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can use any phone with the EE SIM card as long as the phone accepts the same size SIM card. This won't affect the plan if you swap the SIM and won't need unlocked as this EE. 

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T

Hi @Cirrus 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can use any phone with the EE SIM card as long as the phone accepts the same size SIM card. This won't affect the plan if you swap the SIM and won't need unlocked as this EE. 

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Hello Leanne

Great, thanks for the answer. I checked online and it looks like both phones have the same SIM size.

Leanne_T

Perfect, that will work for you @Cirrus 

Leanne 🙂