cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpleasant Service

Brownsugar36
Visitor

I was at EE shop at Ealing Broadway Centre, London W5 5JY today, May 17 where I spent three hours trying to get a new phone only to find out the contract I signed for was not what I was promised. The employer kept telling me he will explain later instead he kept circling around for hours and ended up giving me a phone and a tablet instead of just a phone pinned me for two contracts one for 36 months and the other for 24 months!

-I was not shown the contracts before signing them 

-I was told it's one contract.

-I have been deceived to sign two contracts with two amounts and two different duration of time. 

When I finally got to see the contracts after he printed them I discovered what he did, I noticed that it wasn't one contract as he was implying but two, the phone was only £44 before taxes and £52 in total. I immediately object. I said I was clear from beginning of what my budget is, why force me on singing for something I did not ask for? For thr record I told him my budget is around £50 and I want either an iPhone or a tablet.  What he did was deceiving me on singing for two contracts one for the phone and one for the tablet which he insisted it was free.

Anyway he refused to cancel it saying that the system shut down and I have to go back tomorrow. This is to clarify that EE shop at 
Ealing Broadway Centre, London W5 5JY had kept all their stuff I did not walk out with any of them neither the phone or the tablet. Sami the agent who did all this had them on a bag and handle them to another female agent. 
 I have to say that I feel disappointed and uninjustice that this employee had took advantage of my disability.
For all the above, I do not agree or acknowledge
any of these contracts as they were deceitful.
Safa Basheir
2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Brownsugar36        You have everything right to read a contract before you sign it, did you ask to read it before signing it ?     Why sign something then not be happy about not reading it before hand.      You say you was forced to signing the contract in what way was you forced to sign it.   

You had the opportunity to walk away.

Unfortunately not walking out the shop with the devices doesn’t mean the contract is void.     

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brownsugar36 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Have you been back to the store to discuss this and see what can be done to help you with the contracts? 

If you would like to make a complaint online regarding the store, you can find information you need for this in our Make a complaint (ee.co.uk) Help page. 

Speak soon.

Leanne.