Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGRADE RIP OFF

bulls
Explorer

UGRADE RIP OFF

ee are charging  a third more than other companies for the same phones

the have stopped anyone else from upgrading us cheaper and i for one am not standing for it

i will be closing my ee account when it ends in september and signing up with a compant that doesnt stop me from getting a good deal on a phone  and just be happy im signing up with them for 24 months 

GREEDY   GREEDY   GREEDY

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bulls  What network is that ?  

all  other  networks still allow other phone providers to provide cheaper phone deals while signine you up to there network ie:   mobiles4you ...mobiles direct ... carphone warehouse

EE  has stopped letting them provide a cheaper deal if you choose upgrade EE is no longer one of the choices  you will be given a choice if your with  .....   3  .... vodaphone  .....BT ...VIRGIN ..O2 .... EVEN TESCO MOBILE and most of the others its only EE thats not there anylonger on upgrades  iv been trying  for a couple of weeks now  and only way to upgrade for at least £18 a month more is by phoning or logging onto EE

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bulls

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you would like to discuss your upgrade options, please give our Mobile Care team a call on 150. They will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

@bulls  they are not networks they are third-party sellers.  If EE choose not to allow 3rd party sellers then there’s nothing you can do about that.   

AmyP75
Visitor

I’m so angry and dismayed at my service from EE today. I am overdue an upgrade - I went into an ee shop - the best offer was money upfront for latest version of my current phone (which I’ve had for last 2-3 upgrades never with upfront payment) - with extra £2 a month when I’d said I needed to get monthly costs down. Was ‘sold’ a deal where a Lenova iPad was ‘thrown in’ - if I didn’t accept this offer I’d pay even more per month and also upfront. I took the offer. Get home - iPad is rubbish, £99 at Argos, awful specs (we asked in store and they said they didn’t know) - slow, sluggish, can’t screen cast which was my one requirement leading me to accept the offer. I decide to return tomorrow only to read on ee receipt that there is no ‘change of mind’ return policy!!!!! What the hell??!! Ive searched and found this phone with Tesco, three and with ee themselves (online) for £30 a month and nothing upfront, same term. This is insane!!!! A total rip off. I’m going to watchdog and anywhere else I can to be heard about this total con. 

@AmyP75   Sorry to say but no one will help you with this if other networks sell a device cheaper.   It was your choice to accept or walk away.     The upfront cost is the store sale price you’ll always get better offers online.   

There has never been a cooling off period with store sales as the product is in front of you to see.  You only get that with online or phone sales. 

The tablet not being an iPad ( that’s an apple product)  is a basic android tablet. You’ll not get a top notch tablet with no upfront cost as the tariff alone will not cover the cost of the device let alone the tariff allowance.     Your tablet is also a cellular tablet so it cost more than just £99 as the one you say is in Argos.   That’s only a Wi-Fi only tablet. 

ALB47
Explorer

Disgusting company 

@ALB47  and this thread is from 2021.