cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I get an additional SIM card for my existing account?

Pat117
Visitor

Hi Leanne

have a monthly sim only contract which has loads of data - more than I need - but want to link another sim to account. Don’t mind if it’s the same or different number. Want to use it in a router which I will only use infrequently while in holiday home

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Pat117

Are you looking to purchase another pay monthly SIM to link to your account to be able to gift data from your current SIM?

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pat117 : You can't have 2 SIMs with the same no. So if you're only using the router infrequently you might as well just swap your current SIM between phone & router.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You could also use your phone as a mobile hotspot which is effectively a mini-router.

Most smartphones from the past few years have this functionality.