cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Contract ended but still being charged!

timzone
Visitor

Same thing happened to me - I took out 2 phone contracts - for 2years - I  know the monthly cost is calculated as 2 payments, the phone cost to be paid by the contract end date, and the tariff including data messages calls etc. 

So why after the 2 years do they still take the full amount - surly it would automatically drop to a sim only as you've literally paid off the phone. The fact they continue to take the full amount is highly unfair - surely there is a duty of care the to the customer to ensure they are not getting over charged... 

I don't believe for a second this is something they could facilitate - but instead they'd rather turn a blind eye, plead ignorance and keep lining their pockets with money that doesn't belong to them.

Disgraceful 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@timzone wrote:

Same thing happened to me - I took out 2 phone contracts - for 2years - I  know the monthly cost is calculated as 2 payments,

This is a misunderstanding of the contractual setup, and is something only true of the recently-launched Flexpay plans. With these, you have two separate contracts & two independent monthly payments - one for the device, one for your airtime.

Did you have 2 separate monthly payments for each of your 2 contracts? Or two payments, one for each of your contracts?

It sounds to me like you were on a conventional monthly plan where all your service was combined into one payment. The onus is then on you to diarise a change to SIM-only on the end of the minimum term, albeit with text reminders introduced recently.

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

When you took out the conventional tariff 2 years ago you should ahve read the T&Cs all you are doing here is showing you never did. These are contracts that have a single tariff both for plan and phone. These will continue every month until you either move it to a sim only plan or upgrade to a new device. No one is overcharging you or turning a blind eye but yourself. You can't call ignorance if you never read what you were signing up to.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Sarah47
Contributor
Contributor

They are rip off merchants and they don't charge for phone but do for sim I was gonna sign up with then but when I got to the end there was problem with my address but they still took the 30 pound upfront I told them to cancel and I still don't have my 30 pound bk it's been 10 days