cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Old Contract and Another New Data Contract 24 months (14 Days Cancellation)

anonannbarr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi EE.

Good morning/evening I have 2 sim with EE. One is old my main sim and another one is new a data sim. I cancelled on the website by mistake when playing around. Main reason I wanted to cancel was my new data sim contract which I ordered 14 September and still on 14 days period till tomorrow. But I got the text screenshot below. What should I do? Is there way to revert the cancellation on my main sim. And why i was charged £618 for the new contract on cancellation. 14 days doesn't apply another new sim card contract. Please help. If I cannot cancel my new data sim contract, I am happy to pay my normal monthly.

Who helps on this matter? Is it the billing team or cancellation team.
Also this wouldn't have happened if I could talk to real person for cancellation new sim. Auto text was asking imei for sim card. Yes I spoke to cancellation team, they said they couldn't do it for 14 days. I can't afford such high cancellation fee which should happen if it falls 14 days rule.

51380 (1).jpg 

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @anonannbarr.

Welcome to the community. 

I would recommend giving our customer care team a call on 150.

Please be sure to keep us updated here on the community. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie_B,

Good morning. Thank you for welcoming.

I just spoke someone in billing. He said, it's just a automatic text telling how would I have pay for final bill if I cancel.
This happened when I clicked on "Thinking of leaving EE" -   Find out more " Button. 

Also, it made below.
anonannbarr_0-1695800573259.pngthis screenshot. 
I cannot add any more products with 30 percent discount.

Any solution? I am planning to add my  family member using this discount online again.

Also would like to add on that, EE Staff on the phone said they have to wait next month 23rd Oct bill for any change as well.

Which team is best to call? I rang today was billing team.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @anonannbarr

Just to confirm you wish to cancel your new data SIM that is within the 14 day cooling off period to the add another line using 30% discount for a family member?

If yes, our sales team will be able to confirm if this can be applied or if you are required to wait till the other line has been completely removed from your account. 

The team will also be able to provide you with your F&F options. 

Katie

I have decided to keep using EE Data Sim. Text was auto one. I was scared on the "final bill" work. Someone phoned me just now. 

Extra sim for family I don't need it right now. Probably in upcoming months. I guess I will have to call sales team and go on from there if I cannot do it from web.

@Katie_B Thank you for your help. You can end this topic.