cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex plan - airtime contract ends

Rachel124
Visitor

My device contract ends 2025, however my airtime contract ends this month. I have been told I need to keep paying the same amount for my airtime contract for another year until the device runs out. Really not happy with this, please someone explain why I need to keep paying an extortionate amount for mobile data after the contract runs out?!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rachel124  Are you 100% sure as these flex plans only started towards the end of last year and are sold with 24 month air time tariff.    

Once you have got to the upgrade period of the air time tariff you can change to a sim only at a cheaper rate and keep paying for the remaining term of the device contract.  

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Rachel124 ,

Welcome to the community,

Contracts do not just end, just the minimum term does, but as long as your device contract ends in 2025, you still need a sim only contract or airtime contract.

You could speak to customer service and see if you can lower the mobile data contract, you will still need a data contract, or you will have to pay off the rest of your device contract, I suggest you speak to them and see what they have to say.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You need to be clear on which contract basis you have, they are fundamentally different here.

Traditional pay-monthly contracts have no concept of device/phone payments and airtime payments, you simply have one monthly plan covering all your services. This has a minimum contractual term but otherwise is on an ongoing basis until & unless you explicitly request a change - which can include moving to SIM-only.

The new FlexPay plans have two specifically separate contracts - one airtime plan for your monthly usage, and another fixed-term finance agreement for your device. At the end of what would have otherwise been your minimum term, the device payments will cease but your airtime plan continues. You will have two separate monthly payments, reflecting the fact there are two separate contracts.