cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Offering 100% Early Upgrade Fee Waved Help

XxDarkMariox99X
Contributor
Contributor

But it keeps asking me to pay upgrade fee and when went onto chat they said only if you trade in a phone and asked nicely where dose it say that, There answer on my account and been trying to find it but all get is this picture

png.png

10 REPLIES 10
Glen26
Visitor

Have you had a word with 150 ?

Specks dave
XxDarkMariox99X
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet just chat at the monmet since do not like to speak on the phone that much!

@XxDarkMariox99X    What are you upgrading too. ?  

RedHawk
Investigator
Investigator

Be very careful, it is a complete con. your old phone is used to pay to end your existing contract. I  was offered a  £400 trade-in with 4 months left remaining on my contract, So they took the whole £400, despite the fee to end the contract in the last 6 months being £100.

It's in the terms and conditions apparently.  so basically I have had £300 stolen by EE

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RedHawk 

Have you discussed this with our Mobile Care team?

Chris

No, I called 150 and got put through to sales who were not helpful at all. Terrible customer service.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

I am sorry to hear this @RedHawk

I would recommend speaking with our customer service team who have account access and will be able to look into this further. 

Please be sure to keep us updated.

Katie

I did speak with customer service after sales and again got told its in the terms and conditions, the phone is used to settle the remainder of the contract, My argument is they offered me £400 for the phone then told me it was £100 to settle the account for an early upgrade, so the other £300 disappears into the abyss. Had I been made aware I would not have done the early upgrade and sold my old phone privately. after being a customer from day 1  I like many do not read the t&c's as i am just on a rolling 24-month contract upgrading along the way.

XxDarkMariox99X
Contributor
Contributor

I did not upgrade or took this futher but did uprgade to sim plan only and started on 1st septmber but my month bill is same as my old contract and not my new sim plan deal but there saying there was an error with the upgrade and still have to pay for my bill after hour off sending everdince and proofing them i was correct they cut my bill down. Never trust ee again now because with early upgrade misleading and this need to move networks