Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit card blocked after transfer to Tesco mobile

markparkes123
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Since transferring to tesco mobile from EE my debit card has been blocked for any online card payments to anywhere.  I've contacted the bank and they say there is no block from their side, it's apparently a common problem when transferring and I need to contact Tesco or EE.  Tesco have said there's no issue their end so the bank have said it must be EE.  I can't actually speak to anybody to discuss this and check my account now I've left - how do I proceed

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@markparkes123   Never heard of a network change effecting a bank card before.    EE can not block your bank card.   EE can only block an EE account if they believe there is fraudulent activity on that account. 

I've spoken to the bank a couple of time and there's no block on the account or the card, I can use my card normally for local payments i.e. shopping, general purchases, and all DD and standing orders are coming out fine it's just online payments as soon as I've said about the transfer they've said ah yes we've had this a few times, there's a block from one of the providers it's usually the one you've transferred from something to do with a text, they said it usually takes 3 -4 days for it to clear.  I just need to speak to someone in maybe customer services to discuss the EE account.  EE have just closed the account yesterday with money owing to me, so it may clear after 3-4 days of this but it's been approx 3 weeks since I've had my new phone etc

Your DDs & SOs don't come out of your Debit Card but direct from your bank a/c. Subtle difference!

Try calling CS on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2 > option 4) . That won't ask for an EE mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Fair point, I just meant there was no issue with the account but like you say the issue is with the actual card not the account, the bank say everything is ok though with both.

l'll try and get through on the number you've said.

Cheers