cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged whooping amount after cancelling new device withing less than 24h.

Paddy42nm
Investigator
Investigator

I am not entirely sure whether thats right...
couple of weeks ago I wanted to upgrade through the EE app and it redirected me to a website.
I have multiple times tried pressing "UPGRADE NOW" and it kept sending me to the shop (Hence my understanding that I am upgrading)

I have picked the phone and plan i wanted, ordered it but also contacted the support team AFTER purchasing and paying £30 up-front.
The customer service team member assured me that he checked it and all i will have to do is take the new sim card which will have same phone number as my old one and insert it into the new phone. And thats how easy it is.
Well one would have thought thats the end.. nothing of this sort.

The new device arrived next day and the SIM card had different number.
I have contacted the customer service team again and I was told its because my order was palced for 2nd line rather than upgrade of the old line. (I mean.. why would the first guy say to me its an upgrade?!?!?!?)

Anyways.. same day afternoon i figured i would end up with 2 phones and 2 contracts (My old one is SIM only plan, back from 2017 so its just roling on every month.)
Anyways I said to the second person well this is not what I wanted so  Can I please cancell the second line and return the device. They offered me upgrading the old line instead but I would be another £30 out of pocket until refund of the 1st mistake..... so i Said no thanks, I just want to cancell before I get into any more shamble.
The line was cancelled and device was returned on 21st of January.
I have just checked my bank account and I was charged nearly £75
My usual monthly bill by direct debit is just below £20

THANK YOU EE for making me poor after being loyal customer for years.

I have phoned the 150 number and spoke to guy who was trying to make small talk and kept repeating he feels for me - well you know what.. NO YOU DONT.. You are not the one with £20 left in your back account that you will have to somehow miracously last next 2 weeks to feed the family...

I have filled out some complaint form as he said he doesnt know why i was charged so much.
My bill says just under £19 for my old phone and... just under £55 for the new phone.. Although it was cancelled withing what.. 10-11h from receiving it through the post...
Now i need to wait 72H for the complaint to be looked at by the team and then probably will be told I need to wait 14days  to receive the refund...

ABSOLUTE SHAMBOL. No words... The guy on the phone just now didnt even know why i was charged.. he didnt know how long it will take.. but he obviously feel for me.. well i shall just feed the family dust from the floor for the next 2 weeks..

I know its not his fault and I did say to him I appriciate him trying to help as much as he can, but unfortunately this wont help me in any way if I will be out of pocket for the next 14 ish days...

Any help, explanation, similar experiances....???

@Complaint 

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Paddy42nm 

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. Once the device has been scanned in an processed, the refund will be processed.

You've done the correct thing in forming a complaint. Our complaints team will be in touch with you soon to hopefully find a resolution for you soon.

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The device was sent out on the 21st of Jan from my local post office. I was told it should arrive next day working day, the latest on Tuesday the 24th of Jan. Shouldnt I receive some sort of notification that the device was received and my refund is being processed?

Rather than me being overcharged and then having to chase and investigate and as a consequence loosing interest in trusting EE with future purchases... Just a thought..

Christopher_G

Did you send it recorded delivery, @Paddy42nm? I would have thought it should have been received and scanned in by now.

Is the second number still showing in your My EE account?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G 

yes it was recorded:

Paddy42nm_0-1675435056105.png

Also when I tried to log on to my EE app I had to start from scratch.. so setting up the app - where I didnt have to in the past.. Once logged in i had access to my bill etc but i can see my plan on there so i suppose thats what you are after?  I cant see the new number on there any more... thanks God...

Christopher_G

That's good that the other number isn't showing on there, @Paddy42nm.

Hopefully the refund is processed soon. The complaints team will be able to confirm the status with you when they're in touch.

Chris