cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill credit

AncoatsM4
Contributor
Contributor

There is no facility on the upgrade payment page to pay off my remaining contract using my EE account credit. The only option to settle my contract is to pay using my bank card or Google Pay but I want to use the credit on my account instead, which is sufficient to settle the account and leave a surplus for future bills.

I'd be grateful if anybody could tell me if it's possible to pay-off my contract using the credit on my account?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AncoatsM4 

Thanks for coming here. 

To see if this would be possible, please contact us on 150 and the team will be happy to help. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may add any amount of credit to your a/c & it'll be used against your future bills until it runs out.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi XRaySpeX and thanks ever so much for your reply although I specifically want to use the credit to pay the early redemption  fee on one of my contracts and to use any surplus to pay future monthly bills.  The problem is that when I try to terminate my handset+plan contract and `upgrade` to a sim only contract, the early termination fee can only be paid by card or Google Pay.  There`s no option to pay the early upgrade fee using my EE account credit.  This seems to be quite bizarre given that the EE website is otherwise very good.

I think I`ll use Leanne`s advice and just phone 150.  the only issue is that it takes forever to get through and then there`s the need to navigate lots of menu options which I hate.  Sorting this out online would be much easier if only the correct options to pay were available.  

@AncoatsM4 wrote:

when I try to terminate my handset+plan contract and `upgrade` to a sim only contract, the early termination fee can only be paid by card or Google Pay. 

Surely in calculating your early termination fee it will take into account any credit on your a/c. Have you tried it with a nominal amount?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks very much Leanne although surely the option to use credit to pay any contract early termination charges should be available online as it would mean less pressure on the call centre staff?  It`s also much easier and less time consuming for customers.  I`ll suggest it elsewhere in the Community forums and see if the `movers and shakers` at EE are able to add this because it`s a payment option which is missing from the EE website and app.