cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting over 2 months of broadband upgrade

Confused86
Visitor

Was sold EE full fibre upgrade back in October 2022. Told postcode was full fibre ready. Had box etc installed in Nov and still waiting for full fibre to be live. Absolute shocking service from EE. N

Still being charged the higher price for a slower Internet as upgrade has still not been sorted. Sold the product by EE and not complete. They've cut off my landlines already so I now have no landline so I had to upgrade my mobile phone contract to include extra minutes.

Openreach missed 3 appointments and not received the automatic compensation. My complaint handler Mr Copping is most unhelpful and patronising at times. Has absolutely no understanding with dealing with customers. Being fobbed off is firstly rude abd secondly unfair as I am a victim here who has fallen foul to lies and dishonesty from EE. The property was never ready for full fibre as the road is still not dug and underground piping not installed, however they've already ( prior to ensuring the property was ready) drilled holes and installed box into another room in the house and just left it sitting there since Nov 22.

Complaints don't call and Liam needs to genuinely begin to realise that his communication with me will now be used in a legal case as I have been missold a product and told basically to wait as long as it takes.

I'm not entitled to compensation as the delays and wrong information given to me were due to a system error.....not my fault though! 

3 REPLIES 3
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Confused86.

I'm sorry to hear this as happened.

The best person to speak to will be your complaint handler as they'll have all of the information on your case already.

I hope they can help you get this sorted.

Jon

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Confused86  All EE contracts for mobile phones have unlimited minutes and have since 2012. 

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Confused86    there are some things I do not understand from your post.

The street does not have to be dug up for full fibre, it can alsp be delivered via telegraph poles or existing ducts.

It would be very unusual for openreach to install any fibre or equipment if it was not available for you.

To help understand in more detail, could you enter your phone number but only if that does not work, then your address into the BTW DSL checker and post the results, hiding your phone/address.  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

EE do not provide digital voice, so you were always going to lose your phone number, but that should not have happened until full fibre was installed.

HTH