cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH31B Management Functionality

gledders
Explorer

I have an EE Smart Hub SH31B. Most of the time it works fine.

One of the devices connected to the broadband network is a speaker which loses connection if it hasn't been used for a few days. Turning it off and on, and then re-pairing re-connects it, and it's generally ok until the next time I don't use it for a few days. The speaker manufacturer has suggested that it might be worth checking the smart hub's lease time settings, to make sure that the smart hub isn't knocking out the connection after x days of inactivity.

I'm struggling to find how/where to see the smart hub's settings through the EE app. Some posts I've read on this forum have confused me as to whether or not the smart hub allows customers to see / amend lease time settings. I've just rung EE customer service to be told that "there's no one at EE customer service who has that level of knowledge to be able to answer the question".

All comments welcomed!

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Lease Time will be found on the SH+ router itself (not the app) under Advanced Settings > My network  > IPv4 Configuration.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
gledders
Explorer

Hi XRaySpeX

Thank you for your speedy reply, which is really helpful. I've had a good look around under Advanced Settings, and can see how to vary the Lease Time. Superb - thanks

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)