cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: internet drops out every few minutes for a couple seconds.

Emdee2734
Visitor

Hi, I think I have a similar issue. Since I received my new EE hub, along with a renewed contract, two weeks ago, internet  connection keeps dropping every 10-20 minutes on average. Tried almost everything, including calling the CS and having an EE engineer visited who checked everything inside, replaced the socket, but it didn't seem to help.

I assume the issue could be with the hub as my old one (different design) was (and, amusingly, still is, as I didn't discard it) working perfectly. 

Connection drops regardless of number or type of the devices connected or connection type (either WiFi or ethernet). It  seems to happen less frequently at nighttime and could be every 5 minutes or so during the day.

Any advice on what should I do - ask for a replacement hub, stick to my old one as long as it works or try something else?

Another issue is internet speed which is below the guaranteed minimum (70 mbps) and varies between 37-60, regardless of which hub I'm using. However, before I changed my contract I rarely had any speed issues (in fact, any issues) - it was at or near 70 mbps pretty much all the time. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi, @Emdee2734 welcome to the community, and thanks for posting, that's not good, I'm sorry your connection is dropping with your new EE Hub. As your broadband is stable with your old Hub it does appear to be an equipment issue and we'd like to take a look at this for you. The speed problems you've reported are likely related to the connection dropping so if we can stabilise it the speed should improve.

I'll send you a private message so you can contact us with your details and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks

Neil