cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases

Wbrett01
Investigator
Investigator

I think EE have a nerve increasing there prices when the services they so enthusiastically advertise I'm the media don't even work! I have had my broadband since October of last year and it has never worked correctly not once! It drops out at least 7 times a day and the so called features on the broadband can't be accessed! The constant reply of "we are working on it!" Just simply isn't good enough anymore! 

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Wbrett01 

Is it your broadband or your WiFi which drops?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Wbrett01 , If you have a problem with your broadband, then you need to speak to customer service about this to see why this is happening.

Under the terms and conditions, the price increase happens every year and with all networks, you may need to read the terms and conditions again, as it happens every year and every year people complain. Martin Lewis has also spoken about it on his program on ITV, nothing new.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I think people replying are missing the point here - EE advertising the selling point of this broadband as WiFi controls, game and work mode etc - none of it works! Same for me since I took it in November!

@Wbrett01 I would recommend calling them and making a complaint - I’ve managed to get £40 compensation which is not enough so also been offered to leave penalty free. This will allow me to leave if I want without being tied up to this contract if it’s not fixed soon. Good luck.

I'm normally not much of a moaner to be honest, and I understand new tech can suffer from glitches, but I really don't understand how a company can get away with selling a service that doesn't work and has never worked.

I've complained, Been told there looking in to it and then had my complain closed!!!

At the end of the day they have sold a service with is not fit for purpose, if they are confident there going to get it fixed, they should be offering some kind of compensation not offering customers a way to cancel there service! That really does send the alarm bells ringing!!!  

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ask for a deadlock letter and go to ombudsman - it’s free and can be done relatively easy online. They will independently assess your complaint and given that I expect a lot of people complaining about this issue maybe they will take action. But most importantly either order compensation or allow you to leave penalty free if you wish to use it.

RolyW
Explorer

I have just had a long argument with EE about their prices. THEY convinced me to move from BT to EE in February.  They quoted a price that they said was guaranteed until March 2025.  Only last week their Customer Service confirmed again that my price would be fixed until March 2025. Today their Customer Service deny that any conversations have taken place, they say there are no records of my previous calls.  I have been an EE customer for three weeks.  For three weeks I have had confirmation that I will not have an increase until March 2025, yet they have increased my costs.  To cancel the contract will cost me c£1300 💩

Is this a criminal activity, negligence, or what?  They mislead a customer into a position that takes c£1300 to get out of.  I would never have believed that being moved from BT [after being a customer of over 30 years] to EE would involve me in some form of underhanded dealings and activity.  I am shocked at finding myslef involved with such an unscrupulous organisation that does not fully record customer calls, resulting in a customer getting trapped in a contract that cost c£1300 to cancel!!!!!!!

For the next customer:  get the agreement in writing, or by email before the trial period is complete so that you can cancel at zero cost!

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@RolyW  if you took this contract out in March, then you will not get a price increased this year. You will get a price increase next March.  If you took it out before March then you are subject to the price increase as per the T&Cs.    Only contracts taken out in March onwards do not get this year’s price increase.  

Hi.

I was told at the point of agreeing the Contract in February that I would not be getting a price increase in March this year because by the time I got my equipment and set it up, it would be near the end of February.

I was told again last week, confirmed by my call, that I would not be getting a price increase before March 2025.

I have had several phone calls to EE Customer Service and they have turned out to be liars, because only half the call contents has been record. The half recorded does not show that they confirmed my costs do not rise. They are not honest and need to be exposed as being unscrupulous when transferring customers from BT to EE. I did not ask to move to EE, it was thrust upon when I called BT to report a technical glitch with their equipment.

Best regards.

Roland

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]