cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router not activated

Emna1511
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been with EE for a few years and recently upgraded my broadband. 
was sent a new router, set up a date for someone to come and activate and he didn’t show. This was jan16th 

I have been chasing this since and today I get a text message stating the activation is stuck in their system and it could be another week before this is sorted! This is so bad!! Everything in my home is SMART and having no internet for what will be 3 weeks is a disgrace

9 REPLIES 9
Emna1511
Investigator
Investigator

Did you get this reaolved? Having exactly the same issue!!

nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hey @Emna1511,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with your EE broadband activation. It's understandably frustrating, especially when your home relies heavily on a smart system. Here's some information that might be helpful in your situation:

1. Managing Your Broadband Plan: EE provides options to manage and upgrade your broadband plan. If you're within your contract period and facing issues, it's advisable to contact them directly for assistance. Their customer service number for broadband-related queries is 0330 123 1105.

2. Automatic Compensation: EE has a policy for automatic compensation in scenarios like delayed activation. If your service wasn’t activated by the promised date, you're entitled to £5.83 for the missed activation day and for every subsequent day until the service is activated. In the case of a missed appointment, which seems applicable in your situation, EE compensates £29.15 for each missed appointment. This compensation should be credited to your account within 30 days of the missed appointment.

3. Service Status: It’s also a good idea to check EE's service status regularly for any updates or network-related issues that might be affecting your area.

To proceed, you might want to get in touch with EE directly to discuss these issues, especially the missed appointment and the delay in activation. They should be able to provide more specific information and assist in expediting the resolution. Keep in mind the automatic compensation policy, as you may be eligible for it given the circumstances you've described.

For more detailed information, you can visit their Manage Your Broadband Plan page and Automatic Compensation policy.

@nothingaboutme0 wrote:
  1. Service Status: It’s also a good idea to check EE's service status regularly for any updates or network-related issues that might be affecting your area.

How may I ask would I do that?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@nothingaboutme0 : That's for the mobile network only, not BB. The OP wants BB which hasn't even been installed yet. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Emna1511,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry your upgrade order hasn't gone smoothly. If you send me your details, I can take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. 

Thanks,

Paddy

Robbie-Mac

Good morning @Emna1511

Thank you for posting.  I have moved your post on to your own thread discussion.  This keeps everything related to your conversation in the one place and is easier for the community to read.

I wanted to reach out to you to check how things are now?  I realise it has been a couple of days since your original post.  Can you drop me a reply to let me know please?  If you still need a hand, we can help you out from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

Still without broadband.
Robbie-Mac

Thanks for posting back @Emna1511

Sorry you're still having problems.  I'll send you a message privately in a moment so that you can come through to us.  We will pick up from here and help until you're up and running.

Thanks,

Robbie