EE App

AB45AL
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else find the app useless when it comes to tracking orders, adding a new account and updating account information?

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AB45AL 

Have you tried your online account.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yes tried online too. 
Have been waiting for new upgraded broadband router which should have arrived Wednesday, new broadband went live on Thursday.

Royal Mail tracking just says “we are expecting item”  EE allegedly sent router via Royal Mail on the 8th x 48hr tracked. Have now received a text from Royal Mail tonight saying it should be delivered tomorrow!

Still can’t link my new account to app after text saying I can. When I try I get a message saying, “can’t find account.”

@AB45AL : What router are you expecting? Can't you use your EE Smart Hub in the meantime?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
HenryTudor8
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It certainly isn’t as good as it could be. I had problems getting my hub and tv boxes that arrived a week later than indicated in the app. I had to phone EE a number of times and also went into my local EE shop. 
All is now well, but Royal Mail is pretty chaotic and EE are doing their best given that they appear to be short of stock. Just speculating, but I reckon their advertising campaign for broadband and tv has been successful (great deals imo) and we don’t know if the “problems” in the Red Sea are making resupply times unpredictable. 
I was expecting everything to be delivered yesterday but received a text from Royal Mail to say that I would receive a delivery on Monday which was disappointing. Then yesterday afternoon at 16:00 a Royal Mail van pulled up and it was all of my kit. 
The broadband was installed on Tuesday and I’d had notifications from both EE and RM that the hardware would be delivered on Saturday 6th, but nothing arrived. Total confusion. All’s well that ends well, and I’m now very happy with broadband, hub and tv services. 

@XRaySpeX , it’s not that I don’t have broadband, it’s the confusion that’s been caused upgrading. I already have EE fibre broadband (not full fibre) but as my contract was ending beginning of January I called in December to see what deals were available. The best deal I could get was fibre with digital home phone so went with that. 
Since then I’ve had a letter from EE saying “sorry you’re leaving, what can we do to make you stay,” my EE account number has changed and had to set up a new Bank DD. 
I’ve spoken to several Guides on the phone who all tell you something different, your equipment is on the way, once it leaves us we can’t do anything, you’ll have to phone Royal Mail or Parcelforce to see where it is but I don’t have a tracking number. Last time I phoned I said to the guide “l was told to call Royal Mail/Parcelforce but you can’t give me a tracking number so what’s the point?” , he said, “I can give you a tracking number” 😳 Ultimately though my original post was about the app not doing its job properly, e-mails/texts sent out saying certain things are set up and ready to access, but are not or can’t be. I’m sure things will sort themselves out eventually. Just to say, I have been with EE since the start (even back when it was originally Wanadoo, then Orange.).

Yes, I know. I was just suggesting a stopgap for the awaited router.

The start was Freeserve 😉, which is when I'm from.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I forgot about Freeserve, but yes that’s when I started too!🫣