Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire Tv new wifi cannot connect to EE

Karen207
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have EE wifi.

I have not been able to log my Amazon Toshiba Fire TV to EE wifi as there is EE cookies message which does not show fully. It says click ok if you accept cookies. Nothing happens. This is preventing me from logging into EE wifi for the first time on this tv. It says scroll down etc to click ok on the cookies box, but nothing happens when I click ok. My phone is on EE wifi and that is fine. The Amazon fire tv is registered on my Amazon account. It is just the cookies box with white background that will not move, so preventing me from logging in. It also says connect to EE wifi but not connected to the internet. Yet I can connect to the internet on my phone. 

1000026683.jpg

1000026677.jpg

102 REPLIES 102
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Karen207   which model of Fire TV do you have?

Have you  tried the Fire TV Help pages?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GYMDPRQTTLXQD7PL 

Garethrprice
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It looks like the OK button is hidden from sight. In the Settings is there a means of changing the screen aspect (16:9, 4:3 etc) which would allow you to ‘see’ the OK button. Or does the TV remote have an ‘AV’ button which does the same thing. Alternatively look in the app stores for Android or IOS (depending if/what smart phone you have) and download the Fire TV app, which may give you more control over the screen than the remote does. 

I cannot remember if there is a means of changing the screen aspect.

I cannot check now as do not have EE wifi.

I tried the Fire TV app and no luck there. That app is only useful if the
tv had had its previous wifi.

The remote does not have an AV button.

I called EE and they said this issue does not arise on EE home broadband,
only on EE hotspotting.

Thank you for your help.
Garethrprice
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It’s  a bit confusing as you said in your opening post “I have EE wifi”. Did you mean EE mobile (eg 4G/5G)? That would explain the “Hotspotting” comment. Do you not have home broadband at all, ie a router connected to your telephone line (or a Fibre cable)?

@Karen207  A reset of the Firestick should clear the image and allow you to connect to your chosen WiFi.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GBVZEZKT6A6LH4UP&ref_=hp_GHH5TUHA7677G... 

Which router do you have?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Karen207
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you.
Yes.
That is correct. No broadband at home.
Thank you.
Garethrprice
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can get home broadband via 4G/5G through EE. They send you a router that gives a wifi signal through your home, in the same way as through a landline, but using 4G/5G. Dependant of course on the strength of your 4G/5G signal (my brother in the wilds of Scotland uses this method). If it is of any interest.

EE Mobile Broadband