cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding my partner as account manager to EE Broadband

Salc1
Explorer

We are originally BT customers and switched over to EE for our broadband via BT (if that makes sense). Although the account was always in my husband's name I manage it and BT always put me as a named person on the account. Since switching to EE they have just put it in my husband's name which means I cannot manage it without my husband being present (even though it is my mobile number attached to the account and bank account). My husband asked if I could be changed to the account holder, they said no as it is a 2 year contract but I can be added as an account manager which we would need to do ourselves on the EE website. When we login I cannot find anywhere how to do that. Can anyone help, please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

An a/c may only be in 1 person's name as the A/c Holder. The A/c Holder can set up online anyone's bank a/c as the Bill Payer but the A/c Holder is still responsible for everything incl. that payments are made on time. 

The A/c Holder may phone up CS with you present to nominate you as a named 3rd-party to be able to deal with the a/c over the phone on his behalf with CS.

There is no concept or position of A/c Manager other than the A/c Holder himself.

Having said all that it should be possible to effect a Change of Ownership to yourself so you become the A/c Manager but you will need to pass a credit check. See "Transfer to a friend, colleague or family member" of Change My Account in The Case of a Life Event

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

An a/c may only be in 1 person's name as the A/c Holder. The A/c Holder can set up online anyone's bank a/c as the Bill Payer but the A/c Holder is still responsible for everything incl. that payments are made on time. 

The A/c Holder may phone up CS with you present to nominate you as a named 3rd-party to be able to deal with the a/c over the phone on his behalf with CS.

There is no concept or position of A/c Manager other than the A/c Holder himself.

Having said all that it should be possible to effect a Change of Ownership to yourself so you become the A/c Manager but you will need to pass a credit check. See "Transfer to a friend, colleague or family member" of Change My Account in The Case of a Life Event

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your response, but not exactly what I was told by the operative . He said I couldn't switch to it being in my name until the 2 year contract had ended. My husband pointed out that BT had allowed me to do the switch as a named person on the account, although not the account holder . It should have carried forward as I was told there would be no changes at all with regards to how the account operated. The EE guy explicitly said, that although I can't be the principle account holder I can be added as account mgr or admin and told me to do it through the website login. It is a worry that yiu can't get correct information. But thanks again for taking the time