cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad mini 6 not connecting beyond 3G or for data (PDP authentification error?)

JPKP
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have 5G contract, originally activated eSIM, visited EE store yesterday, they fitted physical sim, still not working. iPad on latest software. Have tried rebooting, airplane mode etc. nothing works. Only thing I have noticed is my APN setting fields are blank? Should they have auto populated? Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@JPKP  The APN is blank because you deleted the eSIM.     Try entering this and then restart the device.  

APN: everywhere

Username:

Password:

Go to LTE Setup (Optional) section and enter below information

APN: (Leave Blank)

Username: (Leave Blank)

Password: (Leave Blank)

You could also try a network reset on the device. 

Thanks Chris, but esim (put in at and by ee store) still showing as active, alongside ee sim. APN settings blank in both.  I get 3G, but nothing else.

Also, sorry but cannot find LTE in settings?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JPKP 

Are you able to try the physical SIM card the EE Shop provided in another device to see if this works? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne, that was the first thing they tried in the shop, before they put it in iPad. Also happened with eSIM beforehand.

I was on 3 before with 5G no problem. Their tech people (who sent me to the shop) think it has something to do with the number from 3 showing as transferred from 3, but not completing the move onto the iPad.

they thought putting a physical SIM in would fix it, but it has not. 🤨

Leanne_T

I see, thanks for the extra details @JPKP 

Do you have a 5G plan? 

Does the number show correct in your device settings? 

Leanne 🙂

I do have a 5G plan. (This is one of my 3x5G EE sims and the only one not working)

The EE shop told me the number is showing as correct.

Also, I get no “APN” option on my iPhone, but I am getting one (everywhere, blank, blank) on my iPad,

Katie_B

Hi @JPKP

Please give our customer care team a call on 150. 

The team may be able to send a refresh through to your SIM. 

Katie

Thank you Katie. I am in Belgium until Thursday night. I have booked an appointment at the White City Apple Store in London  on Friday morning at 10 to make sure that it is not a problem with the iPad (but it worked fine on 3).

if Apple confirms iPad OK, I will walk across to the EE store, which is 100 metres away, but has dreadful mobile data connectivity anyway!

in the meantime, I would like to know what if anything I should enter in APN settings?

Right now they are:

APN = “everywhere

user name = blank

Password = blank

what should they be?