cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in phone not received by EE

Aisha16
Explorer

EE have said they have not received the phone we sent back in their packaging.  They are also saying they never issued the packaging as an error their end.  However I have their emails saying the packing was sent and then initially chasing the phone to be returned which proves they sent the packaging.  The deadline for returning the phone was December 20th.  We were not chased at all it is only because I contacted them about the new phone that we want to return that this has become a problem.  They are suggesting their system shows they only sent the return envelope on 15th Jan for the old phone.  However this is the date the sent the packaging to return the new phone. As the deadline was December 20th for the old phone and we returned it and did not hear from them we assumed all was fine.  We now cannot find the receipt to prove it was sent back even though I have email correspondence with my husband showing that he posted it on December 16th.  Any advice

6 REPLIES 6
Aisha16
Explorer

Is there an update on this as ours is now missing

Hi @Aisha16 ,

Did you follow the above instructions to call or email to get an update?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aisha16

This is something I would recommend discussing with our Mobile Care team. Hopefully they can help get this sorted out with you.

Chris

Louiebum123
Explorer

I've had the exact same thing done on me.

I thought all was well as I had heard nothing off them. Until 6 months later! Proof obviously gone didn't think I needed it. Plus they don't even advise for you to even get proof?

They are billing me £700 for a handset I sent back almost 8 months ago. I said I could not afford it, and why should I when it's been returned.

They have now put me on a promise to pay thing, and I'll have to pay it back bit by bit. They reckon there is no way around it? I've had my phone cut off in-between three times, trying to  sort the issue, after they promised they wouldn't do it again.

Different advisors say different things all the time. I told them to go back and listen to the recordings, they say they did, but then don't do anything. I had one call that conveniently went off! So frustrating and upsetting that I've been made liable, for the missing handset. Why me and not them? I don't understand how it's my problem that the phone has gone missing?

I don't know why I should have soul liability for it? Totally unfair. What makes it worse is, I've been with EE for over 15 years or more when they were actually Orange. I have always had two lines with them and pay large amounts of money on time, every month. They will lose my custom after this now. I've missed an important zoom meeting because they cut me off, when they said they wouldn't. It's disorganised and I'm paying the price!

They said themselves the phone hasn't been switched on since the date I sent it! Surely that's proof in itself? They have got me in debt and caused unnecessary stress. Totally unfair.

Advice please anyone? As I do not want to do the promise to pay thing they suggested. 

Care team say different things all the time. There's no point you don't get anywhere!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Louiebum123 

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I suggest filling in our complaint form. That way our complaints team will look into this and contact you directly to address this.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris