cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Not Supported

Johago
Visitor

I want to use an old Iphone (Model A1507) with a non EE simcard but it gives the message: The SIM you currently have installed in this iphone is from a network provider that is not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server. I have tried to call to EE but they don’t actually seem to have humans work for them. It says to contact the provider. I cant get into the phone as it just gives this message. Does anyone know how i can ‘unlock’ this??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johago  Your iPhone 5c needs to be unlocked to use a none EE SIM card.  
Please read THIS and you can make that request via the link on there. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Johago  Your iPhone 5c needs to be unlocked to use a none EE SIM card.  
Please read THIS and you can make that request via the link on there. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can just apply for unlocking by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)