Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile won't work back in the uk after using an Esim abroad

VictoriaPike
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I can't seem to get my phone working (and can't make any calls) after using an Esim abroad ... nothing ... can only get wifi.  

Does anyone know how to get this working.  I need to make an urgent call. 

9 REPLIES 9
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @VictoriaPike 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Have you tried a manual network search ?

select Vodafone or O2 wait for it to say registration failed then select EE it should then say registration successful.

Thanks

David

Hi David 

Thanks for trying to help.  How do I do that?  The phone comes up with no signal, I don't know where to go for manual. 

Thanks V 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

What type of phone are you using @VictoriaPike?

Do you have a physical EE SIM card?

Have you restarted your phone?

James

Hi James 

I have a iPhone 14 a physical sim and taken it out, put it back in a few times as well as turning my phone on and off a million times.  It just won't connect to the EE signal.  

Thanks V 

James_B

Hi @VictoriaPike,

To manually select a network, go to Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic.

Hope this helps.

James

Not done anything.  I will have to go to the EE shop, as no time for this.  Thanks for everyone's help.  Hopefully EE will be able to fix it fast.  

James_B

Is your EE SIM set as the default voice line @VictoriaPike?

James

Right!  They had to replace my sim ... apparently this is a problem with EE when you use a eSim abroad.  Not helpful when you return.  Anyhow, I had the most wonderful technician at the EE shop in Brixton help me and I am now working.  

However it is saying phone from Data or Primary ... I have no clue what this means, as I just used to phone.  Any advice please? 

James_B

I'm happy to hear the store team were able to help @VictoriaPike 

For more information on the dual SIM features of your iPhone, please see Using Dual SIM with an eSIM – Apple Support (UK).

Hope this helps. 🙂

James