cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone can't receive messages from Android phones after number port

nashmills
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I've just moved to EE and ported my number from Voxi. The number port occurred 2 days ago. Today I noticed that I am unable to receive messages from Android phones. Everything else seems to be working. I can receive messages from my bank and EE. I have also discovered that my previous Voxi sim is still active. I have put that in a spare Android phone. I can make calls from either phone and both show the same caller ID. I have contacted both EE and Voxi. Both blame the other. Does anyone here have any ideas to solve this please? 

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Any issues with your new EE phone should be directed at EE, for it is they who are your current provider once you've given them your PAC.

If your Voxi phone is still live more than a working day after giving a recipient network their PAC, that is clearly their error and is upto them to resolve - but you have no need to contact them.

Problems sending or receiving messages from non-Apple phones is often an iMessage config issue and nothing to do with EE's mobile network - can you receive calls from those same phones?

Thanks for the reply. I don't know about calls. I'll ask someone to try and call me in the morning.

I enjoyed 2 hours on the phone with EE yesterday! The problem has been “escalated“ and I must wait until next week for a response. In the meantime my VOXI sim is now dead but the message problem remains. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nashmills 

I am sorry to hear this and hope this is resolved soon for you. 

Please keep us updated once you hear back from the team. 

Leanne.

ExtremeMTB
Contributor
Contributor

Try resetting network settings, this can resolve a lot of issues.

You will have to re input your wifi passcodes afterwards but that’s a small issue.

All fine now. They seem to have fixed it over the weekend. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this is now resolved @nashmills

Katie